Tired of the same boring breakfast routine? These nutritious Super Greens are packed with nutrients for a healthy energy boost. The pesto and chili flakes bring the flavor and help shake any morning grogginess. These tasty bites are ready in only 20 minutes! So go ahead, get cooking.
- 1/2 package Tommy’s Super Greens
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 heaping tbsp basil pesto
- 1 tbsp Asiago cheese, finely grated
- 1 1/4 tbsp olive oil
- red pepper flakes, to garnish
For this recipe, we used a miniature muffin pan. If you intend to use a standard muffin pan, you may need to adjust ingredient quantities and cooking times to compensate.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Prepare Tommy’s Super Greens according to the instructions on the package. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the beaten eggs, pesto, and asiago cheese and stir until combined. Fold in the cooked super greens while they’re still warm.
- Using a brush or spray bottle, coat a miniature muffin pan with olive oil to prevent sticking. Evenly distribute the egg and super greens mixture so that it is resting just below the lip of each cup. This recipe should produce a total of 12 mini egg bites.
- Immediately transfer the pan to your preheated oven and bake until the egg bites have puffed up slightly and their centers are firm.
- Remove and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving. You may need to run a paring knife around the edges to free the egg bites from the pan.
- Garnish with red pepper flakes and serve immediately with fresh fruit or a side salad. Yum!