Fans of classic quiche Lorraine will go for these smoky, Swiss-cheesy potatoes. Get out the bacon and give it a try!
- 8 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 pkg. (30 oz.) ORE-IDA Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) shredded swiss cheese, divided
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 tsp. ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cook and stir bacon in large skillet on medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard all but 1 Tbsp. drippings from skillet.
- Add onions to reserved drippings in skillet. Cook and stir 1 min. Remove from heat. Add potatoes and bacon; mix well. Spoon half the potato mixture into 13×9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; sprinkle with half the cheese. Cover with remaining potato mixture.
- Whisk eggs, half-and-half and seasonings until blended; pour over ingredients in baking dish.
- Bake 30 min. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 5 min. or until melted.